CHILDREN'S WORKSHOP WITH ART THERAPIST HANNA LEIPOLD
SATURDAY 24 JULY FROM 10AM TO 12PM
SUNDAY 25 JULY FROM 10AM TO 12PM
Engaging with the arts and creativity generally has proven throughout history to aid communication, build relationships, form social connections and to help make sense of complex emotions and feelings.
In this 90-minute workshop, the participants will be guided through a creative experience facilitated by a qualified Art Therapist to explore and reflect together on the impact of the ongoing covid-19 pandemic on their emotional and psychological wellbeing.
We will use art materials and the exhibited photographs to reflect together in a supportive group environment on the challenges and pressures for young people to navigate the ‘new normal’.
KOREBAJU PROJECT BY CÉSAR CUSPOCA
INTERVIEW - SEPT 2020
Artist César Cuspoca talking about the Korebaju Project, a long term collaborative project with the Korebaju, an indigenous community of Colombia.
César Cuspoca is a Colombian artist (b.1987) based in Paris.
His work challenges human perceptions and beliefs established by convention or tradition within society. The idea of experience takes a central role in Cuspoca’s approach and allows him to structure his creative process. Through experiences, Cuspoca produces still images, videos, and sound recordings. He combines these gathered materials with elements of the local environment to build installations in situ.In 2018, accompanied by a production team and a phonetician, Jenifer Vega, Cuspoca spent a month among the Korebaju (Children of the Earth), an Indigenous community located in the Caqueta region of Colombia. The Korebaju population is estimated at two thousand individuals. Like other groups in the region, they were affected by the exploitation of rubber, minerals and wood which consequently lead to human-forced displacements and environmental damages. It’s a community in danger of disappearance according to UNESCO. While Cuspoca spent time with the Korebaju, he was struck by their capacity to adapt and survive despite the continuous violence around them. The Korebaju allowed the artist to record sound, video and photographic materials. Cuspoca used these materials subsequently and combined them with items of the local environment from the exhibition space.
The final installations provoke a sensitive reflection on the Korebaju reality and explore the interconnected stories between Indigenous people and Western civilisations.
current job vacancies
EXHIBITION ASSISTANT - PAID INTERNSHIP
We are looking for a pragmatic and enthusiastic individual, with strong communication and organizational skills to assist the curator in the efficient delivery of the next exhibition.
Contract : 3 months - Part-Time 15h / week (flexible)
Closing date: 26th July 2019
Interviews to be held: w/c 29th July or w/c 5th of August
Length of internship: Mid-August to October 2019
Location : London
- Upper-level undergraduate or graduate student with a good knowledge and interest of the photography industry and visual art.
- Previous marketing experience and good knowledge of social media and updating websites.
- Excellent writing skills, attention for details, and excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Self-management, personal integrity and professional conduct.
- Intermediate graphic design computer skills in Photoshop, Illustrator.
- The ability to work independently.
- A commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity.
MAIN DUTIES OF INTERNSHIP
Delivery of the exhibition
To support the curator as required with the prodcution of the exhibition including :
- Researching (suppliers, equipment, travel etc).
- Assisting with project planning, preparation and general administration.
- Installation, opening, and de-installation.
- Liaison with artists and visitors.
- Assist in the coordination of each event/activity during the exhibition.
Communication and audience development
- Write texts and create contents for the exhibition, website and other marketing purposes.
- Manage social media (Instagram and Facebook)
- Assist with PR relationships: requests for information, images and interviews.
- Create and send invitations for the opening.
- Updating the mailing list on Mail Chimp.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.