current job vacancies
EXHIBITION ASSISTANT - PAID INTERNSHIP
We are looking for a pragmatic and enthusiastic individual, with strong communication and organizational skills to assist the curator in the efficient delivery of the next exhibition.
Contract : 3 months - Part-Time 15h / week (flexible)
Closing date: 26th July 2019
Interviews to be held: w/c 29th July or w/c 5th of August
Length of internship: Mid-August to October 2019
Location : London
- Upper-level undergraduate or graduate student with a good knowledge and interest of the photography industry and visual art.
- Previous marketing experience and good knowledge of social media and updating websites.
- Excellent writing skills, attention for details, and excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Self-management, personal integrity and professional conduct.
- Intermediate graphic design computer skills in Photoshop, Illustrator.
- The ability to work independently.
- A commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity.
MAIN DUTIES OF INTERNSHIP
Delivery of the exhibition
To support the curator as required with the prodcution of the exhibition including :
- Researching (suppliers, equipment, travel etc).
- Assisting with project planning, preparation and general administration.
- Installation, opening, and de-installation.
- Liaison with artists and visitors.
- Assist in the coordination of each event/activity during the exhibition.
Communication and audience development
- Write texts and create contents for the exhibition, website and other marketing purposes.
- Manage social media (Instagram and Facebook)
- Assist with PR relationships: requests for information, images and interviews.
- Create and send invitations for the opening.
- Updating the mailing list on Mail Chimp.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.